Being verified on your platforms is a status symbol of sorts and solidifies you as a real artist in the social media age. While verification on some platforms may be a bit tedious, Facebook makes it exceptionally simple to get that blue check next to your name.
To become verified on Facebook, you will need to submit an application on the verification help page. Attach a valid photo ID and choose the page you want to be verified. Within 24-48 hours, Facebook will notify you with a yes or no. While many pages are not verified on the first attempt, many musicians and creators work to gain more fans and then re-submit their application after the 30 days grace period.
If you have been denied verification, do not fret. Here are a few tips to solidify your blue check with the following application.
- Ensure all the details on your page are thoroughly filled out. This includes your About Me section, start date, genre, awards, etc.
- Ensure you are frequently posting quality content
- Include all social media profiles
- Include a link to your website
- Include any articles about yourself
- Run ads to get your following and views up so that Facebook will consider you for verification
All of these steps tell Facebook whether or not your page is worthy of being verified. That's why you want to make your artist page look as polished as possible.