Ice Cube Says Warner Bros Refuses To Release More “Friday” Movies - Viral Media Boost

🎵 Call Us For 24/7 Customer Support (404) 934-8379 🎵

Call Now

Search our shop

    Ice Cube Says Warner Bros Refuses To Release More “Friday” Movies

    • 1 min read

    Ice Cube Says Warner Bros Refuses To Release More “Friday” Movies

    West coast icon Ice Cube took to Twitter last week to blast Warner Bros for failing to make any progress on the next "Friday" installment. If you recall, Cube previously announced that "Last Friday" would be dropping in 2020 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the original cult classic film, "Friday." Sadly, with John Witherspoon's death in October 2019, many fans believed that the next installment had been scrapped altogether after losing one of its most beloved stars. However, Cube says that the only hindrance in the next film has been the production company.

    "#freefriday from the jaws of Warner Bros. who refuses to make more sequels. They have hi-jacked the happiness of the culture," Cube tweeted on February 26th.

     

     



    "Friday After Next" was the last installment of the franchise, released back in November of 2002. It arrived nearly two years after "Next Friday," which debuted in January 2000. The original "Friday" came in April 1995.

    Sources close with the company revealed to TMZ that Warner Bros owns the "Friday" franchise's rights. Therefore, they have control over when to release another film. At this time, the company does not appear to be interested, despite fans anticipating another sequel.

    Cube is reportedly upset that Warner Bros refuses to grant him the rights so that he can produce more films, considering that "Friday" was his idea, to begin with.

    Warner Bros has not commented publicly on the matter.

     

    Blogged by @cakedupdrippedout